We rent the Medela Symphony and the Ameda Platinum hospital grade breast pumps.
Hospital grade breast pumps vary from personal pumps, such as the Ameda Purely Yours or Medela Pump in Style, for various reasons.
- They are designed to be used by more than one person. As such, the motor is much larger than in a personal pump, with stronger suction and higher cycling speeds (sucks per minute).
- They have a different type of physical barrier inside the pump to prevent pathogens from contaminating the pump, which makes it safe for multiple users.
- They help to establish a milk supply, such as when the baby is not yet breastfeeding, whereas a personal pump collects an existing milk supply. While a personal pump can help increase an existing milk supply through supplemental demand, a hospital grade breast pump has higher maximum suction and was designed to create a milk supply.
For all pump rentals, there is a minimum 10-day minimum rental.
Rentals require photo ID and a Visa or Mastercard pre-authorization. This card number will be act as a deposit, as well as be billed on a monthly basis. You will receive an email notification each month before the charge is billed to the credit card.
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Vacuum: 53-266 mHg
- Cycles: 40-120 cycles per minute
- Pre-programmed cycle patterns: Preemie program for birth – 5 days OR 20 mL or more for 3 consecutive pumping sessions. Maintain program for 5 days post birth or when breastfeeding has been established.
- $4.25 / day
- Unit weight: 9.7 lbs.
- Vacuum: 30-250 mmHg
- Cycles: 30-80 cpm
- Compatible with Ameda Purely Yours (personal pump) milk collection kit
- Digital operation with back-lighting
- $4 / day
Both pumps feature adjustable speed and suction options, allowing each user to customize their experience, as well as the option to double or single pump.
All rental costs are for the motor only. Breast milk collection kits are available for purchase and remain with the user. This keeps the motor sanitary for multiple users.
Rentals are open ended, which means that renters pre-pay for the first 10 days, but have the option of keeping the pump for as long as needed. Every 30 days, the renter will be contacted by email with the payment period and amount owed, and the credit card on file will be charged for the monthly rental.
Due to the open ended nature of our rentals, we cannot guarantee an available pump for future dates but we will happily create a waiting list if necessary.
Please contact us for availability.